Mac Systems Administrator
Tallahassee, FL based Integrating Marketing firm seeks a highly technical Macintosh Systems Administrator with a passion for people. This position will work in concert with our existing IT team providing day-to-day Server Administration for a Mac OS X Server-based infrastructure. Also responsible for second-tier helpdesk support in a fast-paced, creative working environment. Direct responsibilities include:
• A never ending passion to empower others with technology.
• Daily maintenance of a multi-terabyte, 20-plus machine Mac OS X Server environment.
• Monitoring and maintenance of a large disk-to-disk-to-tape backup system.
• Account administration and reconciliation across multiple authentication systems.
• Testing and certifying software updates for use within our infrastructure.
• OS image and application package creation and maintenance.
• Self-guided troubleshooting of servers and storage resources.
• Second-tier escalation of help desk tickets.
• Frequent participation in a 24x7 on-call pool.
• Work with Windows Systems Administrator to seamless integrate our large Mac network with our much smaller Windows network.
• Provide suggestions for infrastructure optimization to the company CIO.
• Participate actively in IT planning with other members of the IT team.
• Logging and reporting tasks to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
Ideal candidates will poses the following skills:
• Work well individually and in a team.
• Understanding of Networking, including:
⁃ TCP/IP, including zero-conf
⁃ DNS, public and private
⁃ Switching, routing, firewalls, VLANS and NAT
⁃ WiFi, with an emphasis on security
⁃ VPN and security best practices
• Deep understanding of Mac OS X Server including Open Directory, Kerberos, AFP and SMB file services, NetBoot, Apache, FTP, Jabber, Network and Portable Home Directories, Disk Utility, PackageMaker, Client Management via MCX and the Software Update service.
• Understanding of Mac OS X applications like Microsoft Office, iWork, iLife, QuarkXpress, Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Studio, Aperture, Clients & Profits, Parallels Workstation, VMWare Fusion and Digital Asset Management.
• Familiarity with Windows.
• Experience with the JAMF Casper Suite and Atempo Time Navigator a plus.
Education and Experience:
Candidates should posses a relevant degree plus 2 years experience or 5 years experience. Industry certifications a major plus. We care what you know and what you've done, not where you learned it.